When: Wednesday, November 27th, 2013
Time: 6:00 pm
Where: UBC Student Union Building Room 211
In preparation for our upcoming club meet on Jan 11/12 2014, we will be holding a workshop on the rules and regulations of an International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) meet.
We’ll be going over:
- Approved equipment (belts, attire, wraps, socks, footwear)
- Age/weight categories
- Weighing In (eg. missing a weight class)
- Order of competition
- the Squat (rules, signals, causes for disqualification)
- the Bench
- the Deadlift
- Procedure for determining best lifters
- Qualifying for provincial, national, international meets
- Setting club, provincial, national and international records
This will be a hands on workshop where you will get to practice the lifts, so bring your lifting attire and equipment!