Callouses are common across many sports, but they’re a hassle and sanitation hazard when they tear. Many sources will tell to maintain the callous by keeping it flush with the rest of your hand. This can be done by files and other abrasives, such as a pumice stone.
But what about when the callous is already ripped? Athletic tape can be a quick and easy solution.
- Trim down or flatten the callous. A pumice stone, callous shaver, or small scissors work well.
- Get a 10-14″ piece of tape (enough to span the length of your hand twice)
- Split it down the middle halfway.
- Wrap the halved end over the back of your hand, and the intact side down your palm (covering your callouses).
- With the ends of the tape at your wrist, wrap a second piece around the ends.
What are your tips? Be sure to share with us in the comments below!
Athletic Lab: Preventing and Treating Torn Calluses (Source Website)